smithHOUSE is a young Phoenix-based creative agency that focuses on branding, web, and digital marketing. We enjoy the sweet spot that is in the intersection of design, technology, and business. We have an opening for an entry level Web Designer beginning January 1, 2017. This is a salaried position with benefits.
Job Title: Entry-Level Web Designer
Responsibilities: Make websites! This position reports to the president, Matt Smith.
Web Skills and Experience:
- WordPress. WordPress. WordPress.
- Server Configuration and Management
- Eager to learn more about marketing, design, and business.
Design Skill and Experience:
- Have a strong design point of view. You have to be passionate about form and function!
- Have experience with Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator.
- Create visual continuity for our clients. We want our clients to look excellent in print, web, and social media as well.
Education: BS in Graphic Design, BS in Computer Science, or related
Experience: We need to see what you’ve made. Regardless of whether you are a new college graduate or you’ve been in the workplace for several years, you should have strong examples of your work.
You will fit in here if…
- You take pride in your work.
- You want to see your talent grow.
- You are outgoing and like to meet new people.
- You like to bring creative solutions to complicated problems.
Why work with us?
- Our company culture is creative, positive, and energetic. We like to laugh.
- We believe that the work we do matters in the world, and we work diligently to bring projects to life.
- You will get experience in an entrepreneurship / startup environment. In addition to client work, we incubate ideas into new companies.
Introduce yourself with a quick email to let us know that you are interested. Follow-up later with a resume and a portfolio.
P.S. We do not need assistance from recruiters.